Christmas/ Matt and Megan's Visit/New Years

As I mentioned before, Grant and I went to Houston for Christmas, and on Saturday night we left to go back to Austin. Sunday morning we picked up Matt and Megan from the airport. They decided to visit us for a week, and we were very excited. The first couple of days I had to work, Megan worked on some homework for Med school, and Matt and Grant Played computer games and just hung out. Megan was sweet enough to make dinner a few of the nights while I was at work so I didn't need to worry about it.





One of the Days, Wednesday I think, Matt and Megan took us out to Outback Steak House here in Austin, and we all had Ribs. I thought they were excellent, and it definitley made for a fun trip trying to find this Outback.





Then after outback steak house, we took them out for Gelato Ice Cream at Mandola's Italian Market. We had a blast, the guys working there were in such a good mood gave us so much ice cream that we had to take it home and freeze it, and the atmosphere here is just amazing!






After that we played Cranium, which was fun, but Grant and I both stunk at it, and we decided that we can't play as partners in this game. We both aren't very knowledgeable about people and random facts, and my TV knowledge is very lacking due to the fact that I wasn't allowed to watch TV most of my life. But win or lose we had a great time with Matt and Megan.






Thursday night/New Year's Eve, We treated Matt and Megan to see AVATAR! It was AMAZING!!! We saw it in 3-D, and I honestly think it is one of the best movies I have seen in my life so far. I would highly recommend it to anyone!




After Avatar, we played Taboo which was a lot more to my liking. We kept switching teams, and it was really funny. We didn't even realize it was the new year until it was 2 am. Then we wished everyone a Happy New Year and headed off to bed.



Then Saturday Morning was their last day in town because they were flying out VERY early on Sunday morning. We decided to take them to an Ikea since they had never been to one. We had a fun time walking around and looking at all of the room displays. Matt found a chair that actually fits him which was very exciting to him. Afterwards we were all pooped, and we watched the movie click.





Here is the pot that I got from Ikea for my Christmas tree that is now disguised as a house plant until next year.

We had a great time with Matt and Megan! They were in Austin during great weather, and I hope that it was a good time for them. We can't wait to hang out with them again sometime.

1 comments:

Amaro Family said...

I don't know about you guys but after watching Avatar I wanted to go out and hug the nearest tree I could find.

Then I ate some meat and came to my senses.